About the vacancy:
As the Out of Hours Corporate Travel Consultant (Part Time & Home-Based) your role will be to effectively sell a wide range of travel products and provide exceptional customer service that exceeds our corporate client’s expectations on the Wexas Travel Management Out of Hours service. You will be reporting to the Corporate Travel Supervisor.
About Wexas Travel Management:
Wexas Travel Management is an independent, dynamic travel management company and one of the UK’s top 50 TMCs. Wexas has around 350 corporate clients, which ensures we deliver a personalised, high quality service to every client. Our clients are mainly in the finance, legal, insurance and retail sectors, with annual travel spends between £50,000-£3million. Wexas was the first travel company in Britain to be awarded the Investors in People accreditation, which we still hold 22+ years later.
Key Responsibilities & Objectives:
- Handle all client enquiries in a friendly and professional manner
- To offer a minimum of two (Europe) and three (Long haul) detailed quotes for each enquiry
- Ensure all bookings include relevant requests i.e. Frequent Flyer account, meal requests, seating preference and passport/visa details
- Offer and/or sell additional ancillary products such as car hire, hotels, transfers on all bookings
- Keep the client fully informed of changes advised by airlines etc.
- Always advise clients on passport and visa requirements and, where necessary, health and vaccinations
- Arrange visas as and when required/appropriate
- To participate in relevant training sessions ensuring that your product knowledge is up to date and your fares and Amadeus skills are current
- Be commercially aware of opportunities to increase sales profit and share ideas with your colleagues and Supervisor
- Ensure the booking process runs smoothly from the initial sale until the ticket is issued and invoiced
- Maintain your assigned queues by regularly checking for updates and messages.
- Very occasionally provide cover for the Out of Hours service as rostered or in serious emergency situations
- Uphold the company standards at all times
Professional & Technical Competencies:
- Ability to influence the sale of all products through outstanding selling, listening and communication skills
- In depth fare and ticketing knowledge
- Commercially aware
- In depth knowledge of relevant travel products and services
- Able to manage your time by being organised and efficient at all times
- Committed to and can demonstrate a high level of quality customer care and service excellence Positive and enthusiastic nature
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Produces consistently accurate work
- Use initiative in handling problems
- Displays integrity, is reliable and trustworthy
- Flexible approach to tasks and is a team player (covering other colleagues work during holidays/sickness and often sharing clients with colleagues)
- Able to manage time effectively
- Able to represent Wexas in a professional manner on client visits
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send an email to [email protected] with a copy of your CV and a short covering letter. Wexas Travel Management is an equal opportunities employer.